Monday, April 4, 2011

Bellmead Cruise Night

Saturday, April 2nd was the first Bellmead, TX Cruise-In night. This was my first chance to take the car out into the public "car enthusiast" of Waco. I met with the corvette club group and they instantly approved. Car was dirtier than I thought though...

Which brings me to the next two things I did this weekend:

1. Changed the clutch fluid. I used Ranger's method from CorvetteForum.com to replace the fluid a few times until it looked clean and clear. Can't tell much of a different but it is preventative after all.

2. Polished & Waxed the entire car.I started with Dawn dish soap to remove the wax buildup from the previous owner. Next used some Meguires polish & paint swirl forumla. Finally, used my Meguire's NXT Tech 2.0 wax to finish it off. The paint still needs some deeper work done but it looks a lot better than before.

My car had a sticker from "Texas Shine" (txshine.com) who apparently detailed the car. There are all kinds of swirl and burn marks on the car as well as wax residue in every crevice. DON'T use these guys whoever they are.

[Parts]
Prestone DOT4 Fluid........$3/bottle x2
Mixmister Syringe............$5
New wiper blades..............$30

No comments:

Post a Comment