Thursday, April 14, 2011

Cen-Tex Corvette Club & 1st Autocross

I am officially a member of the Cen-Tex Corvette Club of Waco, TX as of April 5th, 2011. It was a warm reception and they were happy the "outcast" bought a 'vette finally.

I attended the first autocross in the Corvette on April 9th-10th. I started out missing some gates and hitting cones until I finally ran a long string of 1min, 3 second (1:03) runs. Looking back at the videos it seems I was going a bit too fast and thus going slower. Shall learn my lesson and do better next time. It was also pointed out to me that I need a stock air intake & shifter to compete in the stock class...so...bought a stock air intake. Looking for a stock shifter now.

Change the brake fluid in the reservoir a few times...need to keep doing that until it is nice and clear again. The clutch fluid is staying mostly clear at this point.

Few people pointed out a rapid blinker on passenger side and no blinker or driving light in the front. After some learning on how to replace the bulbs I found the culprit (front passenger driving light) and had it replaced. All is good now! Also bought jacking pucks for future work.

Parts:
Blinker bulbs.....................$5.99
2 Qts Pennzoil DOT 4......$7.00
Stock Air Intake...............$80.00 shipped
Jacking Pucks x4..............$25.00 shipped.
Total: $117.99

Avg. MPG: 20.3

No comments:

Post a Comment