Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Purchase and Arrival

I bought the corvette on March 28th, 2011 at the Texell Credit Union in Killeen, Tx. The former owner's name was Alan and was a military trainer based in Ft. Hood. He owned three corvettes: his, his wife's, and this one was for his 17 year old daughter. She owned it for about a month before she lost her privilege to own it. Two days after posting it on Craigslist it was sold!

Amy and I had spent the entire weekend up in Ft. Worth and Dallas looking at three different cars: one 2003 cobra and two corvettes. They all had most of what I wanted in my next car but none of them had it all. That Sunday night is when I came home and found this corvette just posted. The site I used was (http://www.jaxed.com) which is great for checking Craigslist, Ebay, etc.

How do I know a 17 year old girl was driving it? The car had a playboy bunny emblem on the back, carbon-fiber twin-blade wipers, and a big wrinkled "CORVETTE" sticker on the windshield. Enough said.

Mileage: 68,500.
Avg. MPG: 17.1 (previous owner's value)

No comments:

Post a Comment